Welcome to The Lounge
A resourceful page dedicated to monthly blogging that brings
Anxious about lockdown this winter?
- Stay calm!! You have experienced what lockdown is all about so don't panic.
- Focus and re-assess what you didn't do in March and what you feel needs to to done.
- Ensure you put a mental well-being plan together if there is a possible local or national isolation in place this winter.
- Pay attention to your own needs and wants and do not allow the media to scare you.
- Turn off the news if you feel affected by it.
- Remember, self-care is important. Keep your mind focused on things that are positive that make your feel happy.
- Find a new hobby that isn't too tasking knowing the weather is getting colder.
- Stay connected with people who make you feel good about yourself.
- Read, pray and reward yourself in a healthy way.
- Be grateful to God always that you are alive.
Click on PDF - Positive steps to Well-being
House of Thoughts
As I meditated, I thought to myself. It is a constant battle for us humans to identify negative and positive thoughts and differentiate which is actually ours or that nagging voice from the past or present. It can sometimes feel like the good and bad fighting to gain dominance with a persistent pressure on one's mind that sometimes seem too much to bear. Learning to identify your thoughts and filtering them in order to have a clear view may sometimes feel challenging. You are not alone if your feel that way. Writing down your thoughts as they occur may help you identify them, noticing any feelings you have as you write them down to reflect on.
Written by Henzy Tanrien-Sawyer